Launching Your Virtual Event
To find out how Grooveyard can
manage your virtual event
Determining how to launch your virtual event is key to its success, achieving your companies objectives and ROI overall. Every brief is different and there are so many types of virtual events to choose from including conferences, trade shows, meetings, hybrid events, studio-like broadcast events – the list is endless! Strategizing how, where and what way to showcase an event for a client is a process that needs to be evaluated in advance so all elements are considered & the right event is produced. This process involves lots of different elements that do vary from brief to brief. The below illustrates a checklist that is useful when planning to launch your virtual event.
Understanding your audience
- Understanding your audience is key – there are lots of variables to consider from the type of demographic, how tech-savvy they are plus how they would engage & interact with each other is important when establishing what virtual platform and features to include.
- There are so many features on virtual event software where attendees can engage with each in groups, private or make calls. There is also functionality for gamification with a leader board so attendees can gain points for participating in live Q&A’s, surveys, polls etc.
Defining your format
- As mentioned above, there are so many different formats pending the virtual event in question. For instance – hybrid events are becoming popular given Government restrictions on social distancing are lifting so clients now want to rent a space with a podium/stage/backdrop branding & have live interaction on-site that’s showcased on the virtual platform
- A studio like broadcasts are also becoming the new norm with spaces rented out for that live event feel showcased across an online platform too
- Conferences, trade shows and new product launches can be showcased on innovative 2D technology that has so many features & capabilities to encapsulate physical event characteristics
- If meetings or live/pre-recorded webinars are required – again there are software and apps available to cater for these events & include well-known software functions such as Zoom
- Everything is scalable, customizable plus provides a fully branded bespoke experience to the client pending their requirements
Choosing your MC/Host
- Subject to the event in question, a host or MC who is comfortable speaking to an audience and has experience working the crowd is important! Whoever the person is – he/she should speak clearly, respond to questions, build rapport with the group, lead the event and most importantly ensure that there is engagement and interaction amongst them.
Marketing the Event
- Virtual events need to be strategically marketed in advance like any physical event. Companies and brands need to have a multi-channel promotion strategy to ensure the success of the event.
- Some they may want to push their event on their social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter plus banner ads
- Social media posts can include lots of different mechanisms to get the key message across & event trending – this could be in the form of links to the speakers & their bios, hashtags, vlogs or a tutorial video on how to log into the live stream
- For in house events, clients may also want to push their event through a customized pre-registration email that showcases all the elements of the event from the speakers & their bios, running order, engagement etc.
Date & Time
- Choosing a date & time for the virtual event is important. Clients need to assess how long they want to run their virtual event for and will all team members be available, is it global to take into consideration time zones and does it clash with anything internally so they get as many people as possible participating in the event
- For the majority of platforms, accessibility is available for up to 30 days or more post-event. This means that for anyone that missed any of the life or pre-recorded webinars they can access the PowerPoints or docs after.
Overall, there are lots of areas and considerable when launching your virtual event.
Interested in launching your own virtual event? Get in touch and let’s build your bespoke virtual event online now!